Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update from Pittsburgh

Hello long lost family--

Here are some pics of Katie over the last few months, she is our little terror. For a quick update, Erin and I are enjoying Pittsburgh. Erin continues to carry the family as she continues to work hard with her family's adoption business and take care of Katie during the day. I continue to spend Erin's money, as I continue my legal education. We will be heading to Guatemala in a few weeks for spring break, to see Erin's parents who live down there for half the year (doing orphanage work).

We will be heading to Charlotte, North Carolina for the summer to work at a law firm called Dechert. They are a big international firm and I will likely be doing legal work that deals with corporate finance/banking transactions. I am excited for the experience and the perks of working at a big firm, the firm flies its summer associates to London for five days over the summer (in reality they are trying to lull us into thinking life at a big law firm is fun, so I will eventually be paying for my fun times--but I might as well enjoy it for the summer). Erin is excited to get nearer to family, she has a sister and a cousin in Charlotte and her family is only a few hours away. We plan on living in Charlotte after school, so it worked out great.

Erin and I have started the process of getting ready to adopt in the fall--so we are getting excited about adding a new little one to the mix. That is what's new with us--unfortunately this summer we will not be able to make it to the family reunion due to work and a "enjoy it while we can" trip to Brazil. I hope this short blog will make up for our lack of presence at the reunion.

1 comment:

Kristine and Philip said...

We will definitely miss you all at the reunion this summer, but hopefully we'll see you at the next one in two years. How fun for you to go back to Brazil. Will you visit your mission area? Thanks again Mark for taking the time to update us and post some pictures. You're helping by setting a good example for your cousins! Love, Aunt Kris