Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall is here...

Which means that I am ready for Fall food. What is your favorite Fall recipe? I am in love with the Butternut & Fontina Ravioli they have at Costco right now. It tastes so good with a creamy Parmesan sauce and Italian sausage. It reminds me of one of my favorite Fall recipes...Butternut Squash Sauce with Sage. I got this from my dear friend Paige. It tastes great over gnocchi.

Butternut Squash Sauce with Sage

1 large (1 ½ lb) butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
2 T. olive oil
2 shallots, minced
1 bay leaf
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
6 fresh sage leaves, sliced into thin strips
1 C. chicken broth
½ C. freshly grated Parmesan (used as a garnish)

Cook shallots in the oil until they begin to soften. Toss in squash and cook for a few minutes until then begin to caramelize in the oil. Add remaining ingredients (except cheese) and cook until squash is soft, but still holds its shape (about 8-10 minutes). Puree mixture and serve warm.


Leave your favorite recipe as a comment or make a new post!

No comments: